Great Learning is the Authorized Training Partner of PECB.
Course Duration: 9 hours, 3 sessions of 3 hours each
Course Fee: HKD5,000 (includes exam fee of HKD2,200)
Language of Delivery: Cantonese with English Terms
Interested in ISO 27001 Lead Auditor course: Follow this link
ISO/IEC 27001 provides requirements for organizations seeking to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve an information security management system. This framework serves as a guideline towards continually reviewing the safety of your information, which will exemplify reliability and add value to services of your organization.
ISO/IEC 27001 assists you to understand the practical approaches that are involved in the implementation of an Information Security Management System that preserves the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information by applying a risk management process. Therefore, implementation of an information security management system that complies with all requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 enables your organizations to assess and treat information security risks that they face.
Certified ISO/IEC 27001 individuals will prove that they possess the necessary expertise to support organizations implement information security policies and procedures tailored to the organization’s needs and promote continual improvement of the management system and organizations operations.
Moreover, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills to support the process of integrating the information security management system into the organization’s processes and ensure that the intended outcomes are achieved.
The ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation certification is a professional certification for professionals needing to have an overall understanding of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard and its requirements.
The principal competencies and knowledge skills needed by the market are the ability to support an organization in managing an Information Security Management System as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
Module 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001
- Introduction to the ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles information security
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 8 of ISO/IEC 27001
- Implementation phases of ISO/IEC 27001 framework
- Continual improvement of Information Security
- Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 certification audit
Module 2: Implementing controls in information security according to ISO/IEC 27002 and Certification Exam
- Principles and design of information security controls
- Documentation of an information security control environment
- Monitoring and reviewing the information security controls
- Examples of implementation of information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002 best practices
- Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation exam
- Person responsible for the Information security or conformity in an organization
- Member of the information security team
- Expert adviser in information technology
- Technical expert wanting to prepare for an Information security audit function
Number of Questions: 5 Questions
Exam Duration: 1 Hour
Exam Format: Essay, Open Book
Exam Location: Great Learning Education Centre
Passing Mark: 70%
In case of failure, participants are entitled to retake an additional free exam under certain conditions.
Accredited course material
- Great Learning is the Authorized Training Partner of PECB.
- Great Learning has solid experience in delivering PECB ISO courses.
- Most ISO training providers deliver courses just in office hours. We offer study schedule during both office and non office hours.
- We are the IT technical and management specialists, highly experienced in delivering complicated and conceptual knowledge in an effective way.