Great Learning is the Authorized Training Partner of PECB.
Course Duration: 18 hours, 3 sessions of 6 hours each
Course Fee: HKD6,900 (includes exam fee of HKD3,200)
Language of Delivery: Cantonese with English Terms
ISO/IEC 38500 IT Governance Manager training enables you to gain a thorough understanding of the core principles for good governance of IT based on ISO/IEC 38500. During this training course, you will also acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization to apply and manage the ISO/IEC 38500 Evaluate-Direct-Monitor model.
After becoming acquainted with all the necessary concepts and principles of IT Governance, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and skills to manage an IT Governance model.
- Understand the core principles of ISO/IEC 38500 and learn how to interpret them
- Learn about the ISO/IEC 38500 Evaluate-Direct-Monitor Model
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to evaluate, direct and monitor the use of IT in an organization
- Understand COBIT 5 and CGEIT
Module 1: Introduction to IT Governance and ISO/IEC 38500
Course objective and structure
Normative frameworks for IT Governance
IT Governance & ISO/IEC 38500
IT Governance model
Strategic alignment through goal cascading
Changes in business strategy and barriers to strategic alignment
Module 2: Principles for the effective, efficient and acceptable use of IT
Manage & report IT investments and cost optimization
Risk management as an integral part of performance
Context establishment & risk assessment
Risk treatment, risk communication and monitoring
Module 3: Outcomes, performance measurement techniques and Certification Exam
Resource management – Introduction
Human resource management
IT resources planning methods
Outcome and performance measurement techniques
Human behavior Applying for certification and closing of the training
- Managers or consultants responsible for ensuring good IT Governance within an organization
- Individuals seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of the core principles of IT Governance
- IT Governance team members
- Expert advisors involved in IT Governance
Number of Questions: 7 Questions
Exam Duration: 2 Hours
Exam Format: Essay, Open Book
Exam Location: Great Learning Education Centre
Passing Mark: 70%
In case of failure, participants are entitled to retake an additional free exam under certain conditions.
Accredited course material
- Great Learning is the Authorized Training Partner of PECB
- Great Learning has solid experience in delivering PECB ISO courses.
- Most ISO training providers deliver courses just in office hours. We offer study schedule during both office and non office hours.
- We are the IT technical and management specialists, highly experienced in delivering complicated and conceptual knowledge in an effective way.