Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) is the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility
- Knowledge base of proven, integrated principles, practices, and competencies for Lean, Agile, and DevOps
- Configurable and scalable for Teams, Programs, and Portfolios
- Role-based curriculum, worldwide partner network, global community
Course Duration: 12 hours, 3 sessions of 4 hours each
Course Fee: HKD5,600 (include exam)
Language of Delivery: Cantonese with English terms
Gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe® enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Learn the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) helps businesses address the significant challenges of developing and delivering enterprise-class software and systems in the shortest sustainable lead time. It is as an online, freely revealed knowledge base of proven success patterns for implementing Lean-Agile software and systems at enterprise scale.
SAFe synchronizes alignment, collaboration, and delivery for large numbers of Agile teams. Scalable and configurable, SAFe allows each organization to adapt it to its own business needs. It supports smaller-scale solutions employing 50–125 practitioners, as well as complex systems that require thousands of people.
A SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) is a team-based servant leader who helps teams self-organize, self-manage, and deliver value via effective Agile practices. The Scrum Master supports and coaches the Scrum process and other processes that the team has agreed upon. The Scrum Master also helps the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicates status to management as needed.
Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees of the course will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and achieve certification for SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM).
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
A Certified SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) is a SAFe Scrum Master professional responsible for integrating Scrum practices into an organization.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
Number of Questions: 45 Questions
Exam Duration: 90 Minutes
Exam Format: Multiple Choice, closed-book
Exam Location: Online
Passing Mark: 33
Exam Fee: First exam attempt is included as part of the course fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs US$50.
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
- We are a local registered school delivered agile courses about 10 years in Hong Kong.