COBIT 2019 is a framework for the governance and management of enterprise Information and Technology that supports enterprise goal achievement. This Design and Implementation course is intended for more experienced users to COBIT who are interested in more advanced use of the framework, i.e. designing governance systems and running governance improvement programs. This course requires the COBIT 2019 Foundation Certificate to be successfully achieved. This two-day course is structured around the COBIT 2019 Design Guide and the COBIT 2019 Implementation Guide.
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the key concepts of COBIT 2019 as taught in the COBIT Foundation course.
- Describe the benefits of the COBIT 2019 Design Guide for its target audience.
- Describe the current design factors in COBIT 2019.
- Apply the design factor concept to identify relevant values.
- Describe the impact design factors can have on the design of a governance system.
- Describe the design workflow of a governance system.
- Use the steps in the design workflow for governance systems.
- Apply the design workflow to a concrete situation in order to obtain a governance system design.
- Describe and use the design guide toolkit in a concrete situation.
- Use the mapping tables between design factors and governance/management objectives pragmatically.
- Describe purpose and scope of the COBIT 2019 Implementation Guide.
- Apply the implementation methodology and approach for a governance implementation program.
- Combine the process from both the COBIT 2019 Implementation Guide and the COBIT 2019 Design Guide to use in concrete situations.
- Apply the objectives, descriptions and tasks of the seven implementation phases in concrete situations.
- Apply the challenges, root causes and critical success factors of the seven implementation phases to concrete situations.
- Apply the key decision topics and related responsibilities for governance implementation to concrete situations.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: COBIT 2019 Basic Concepts
Module 3: Design Factors for a Governance System
Definition of the concept design factors and elaborated coverage of design factors, and identification of design factors and their values.
Module 4: Impact of Design Factors
Based on the acquired understanding of the design factors, learn about the impact design factors can have on the design a tailored governance system.
Module 5: The Governance System Design Workflow
Description of the governance design workflow, elaboration on each stage and applying the workflow.
Module 6: The Governance Design Toolkit
Demonstration of the governance design toolkit and applying it in practice.
Module 7: Implementing and Optimizing I&T Governance Overview
Introduce the COBIT 2019 Implementation Guide, its relation to the Design Guide and setting the scene for a governance improvement program
Module 8: Governance Implementation Lifecycle
Detailed description of each of the seven phases of the governance improvement road map, and application of the road map guidance.
Module 9: Key Topics Decision Matrix
Explain key decision topics for governance system implementations.
Module 10: Closing
Any stakeholder with responsibilities for designing enterprise governance systems and implementing governance systems within their organization.
Pre-requisites: Successful completion of the COBIT 2019 Foundation Exam.
Number of Questions: 60 questions
Exam Duration: 180 minutes
Exam Format: each multiple-choice question has four options with only one correct answer
Exam Delivery: online, closed-book, remotely proctored exam
Passing Mark: 60%
Exam Fee: USD275
Accredited course material
- We are the IT soft skill specialist, highly experienced in delivering complicated and conceptual knowledge in an effective way.
- We have successfully delivered more than 70 classes of COBIT® courses.