Great Learning is the first Arcitura – Licensed Training Partner in Hong Kong
18 hours, 6 sessions of 3 hours each, exam on the last session.
Language of Delivery: Cantonese with English terms
A Certified Blockchain Architect understands the business value and technology architecture behind Blockchain, as well as the inner workings of Blockchain technologies and solutions. In addition to proficiency with cryptocurrency, coins, tokens, smart contracts and many other associated technologies, a Certified Blockchain Architect has specialized skills to identify Blockchain security threats and vulnerabilities and establish counter-measures and security controls.
Attaining the Blockchain Architect Certification requires passing a single exam the encompasses the topics covered in Modules 1, 2 and 3. Upon achieving the accreditation, certification holders receive a formal digital certificate and an Acclaim/Credly digital badge with an account that supports the online verification of certification status.
Module 1: Fundamental Blockchain (duration: 6 hours)
This course provides a clear, end-to-end understanding of how blockchain works. It breaks down blockchain technology and architecture in easy-to-understand concepts, terms and building blocks. Industry drivers and impacts of blockchain are explained, followed by plain English descriptions of each primary part of a blockchain system and step-by-step descriptions of how these parts work together.
Module 2: Blockchain Technology & Architecture (duration: 6 hours)
This course delves into blockchain technology architecture and the inner workings of blockchains by exploring a series of key design patterns, techniques and related architectural models, along with common technology mechanisms used to customize and optimize blockchain application designs in support of fulfilling business requirements.
Module 3: Blockchain Technology & Architecture Lab (duration: 6 hours)
This course module presents participants with a series of exercisesand problems that are designed to test their ability to apply theirknowledge of topics covered in previous courses. Completing this lab will help highlight areas that require further attention and will
further prove hands-on proficiency in blockchain technologies, mechanisms and security controls as they are applied and combined to solve real-world problems.
- Module 1
- Benefits and Challenges of Blockchain
- Blockchain Business Drivers and Technology Drivers
- Understanding Blockchain’s Decentralized Model
- Blockchain Value Propositions
- How Blockchain Can be Used for Different Industries
- Blockchain Applications, Networks and the Distributed Ledger
- How the Distributed Ledger Can Relate to Relational Database
- Fundamental Components of a Blockchain Architecture
- Transactions, Records and Pools
- Blocks, Chains and Block Headers
- Blockchain Users, Full Nodes and Partial Nodes
- Step-by-Step Understanding of the Record and Block Lifecycle
- Step-by-Step Understanding of How the Merkle Tree Works
- Step-by-Step Understanding of How Consensus Works
- Consensus Algorithms (PoW, PoS, PoA, DPoS, LPoS, PoI, PoET, PoC, PoB, Round Robin)
- Public vs. Private / Permissionless vs. Permissioned Blockchains
- Coins, Tokens, Smart Contracts
- Basics of Crypto Hashing and Cryptography
- On-Chain, Off-Chain and Cross-Chain Activity
- Common Blockchain Metrics
- Module 2
- Common Blockchain Technology Mechanisms and Artifacts
- Node Monitor, Automated Node Deployer, Node Placement Monitor
- Consensus Processor, Block Maker, Identity Federator
- Hashing Engine, Chaining Engine, Identity Verifier, Wallet
- Node Repository, Ledger Replicator, Live Node Migrator
- Integrity and Validation Blockchain Design Patterns
- Block Singleton, Sidechain, Block Validation Consensus
- Scalability and Reliability Blockchain Design Patterns
- Auto-Scaling Nodes, Guaranteed Minimum Full Nodes
- Geo Scaling, Block Size Update
- Security and Privacy Blockchain Design Patterns
- Forced On-Chain Transactions, Federated Chain
- User Data Protection
- Utility Blockchain Design Patterns
- Transaction Record Tagging
- Lightweight Node, Node Task Abstraction
- Module 3
- This course module presents participants with a series of exercises and problems that are designed to test their ability to apply their knowledge of topics covered in previous courses. Completing this lab will help highlight areas that require further attention and will further prove hands-on proficiency in blockchain technologies, mechanisms and security controls as they are applied and combined to solve real-world problems.
- For instructor-led delivery of this lab course, the Certified Trainer works closely with participants to ensure that all exercises are carried out completely and accurately. Attendees can voluntarily have exercises reviewed and graded as part of the class completion. For individual completion of this course as part of a study kit, a number of supplements are provided to help participants carry out exercises with guidance.
Any Blockchain Professional wants to demonstrate proficiency in Blockchain functions, architecture and security and acquire specialized skills to assess and design real-world Blockchain solutions.
Certified Blockchain Architect examination
Exam fee: HKD2,500
Exam Duration: 110 minutes
Exam Format: Paper-based, 70 standard multiple choice questions + 4 lab-style multiple choice questions
Passing Score: 76%
Exam Location: Great Learning Education Centre Limited
Official course booklets
- Great Learning is the first education centre delivered Arcitura Next-Gen IT Academy training in Hong Kong.
- We are the IT soft skill specialist, highly experienced in delivering complicated and conceptual knowledge in an effective way.