|ITIL® Intermediate: Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC)||Wanchai||N/A||To be confirmed||1:00 – 8:30 pm||30||David Ho||Planning|
ITIL® Intermediate: MALC
Great Learning is an ITIL® Accredited Training Organisation.
Course Duration: 30 hours, 4 sessions of 7.5 hours each.
Course Fee: HKD10,200 (includes exam fee HKD3,600)
Language of delivery: Cantonese with English terms
The ITIL® Expert level certification can benefit you in both your personal and professional development, by helping you to advance your career and progress within the IT service management field.
It is aimed at those who wish to demonstrate knowledge of the ITIL scheme in its entirety and the certificate is awarded to candidates who have already attained a range of ITIL certifications and have a well-rounded knowledge and skills base in ITIL best practices.
You also need to achieve the ITIL Expert certificate if you want to achieve the ITIL Master level, which is the highest and final certification within the ITIL scheme.
The ITIL® Qualification Scheme uses a system that enables an individual to gain credits for each exam they take. Once candidates have accumulated a sufficient number of credits (a minimum of 17 credits) they can be awarded the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management.
ITIL® MALC Certificate is the final requirement of earning the expert certification.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Introduction to IT Service Management Business and Managerial Issues
- Managing the Planning and Implementation of IT Service Management
- Management of Strategic Change
- Risk Management
- Understanding Organisational Challenges
- Service Assessment
- Understanding Complementary Industry Guidance.
Learning Unit MALC01: Introduction to IT Service Management Business and Managerial Issues
- Open-loop and closed-loop, when/where to apply each system
- ITSM Monitor Control loops and Complex Monitor Control loops including how/when the control loops are used
- The benefits and business value in relation to people, process and function, supplier relationships and technological alignment
Learning Unit MALC02: Management of Strategic Change
- Value creation and critical success components of managing strategic change
- Introduce strategic change supported by a business case that defines the business benefits and the benefits realization strategy
- Tangible/intangible business benefits and models for measuring each type of benefit
- Business Value enhancement through Variable Cost Dynamics and alignment of business policy
- IT and Business alignment through Demand Management, service portfolios and service catalogues
Learning Unit MALC03: Risk Management
- Risk within the IT and Business relationship and models for effective evaluation, analysis and identification of Risk
- Management of Risk in the following areas: Service Providers, Contracts, Design, Operations and Markets
- Analysis of Business and IT related Risks as measured by specific critical success factors and the Corrective Actions and/or Transfer of Risks
Learning Unit MALC04: Managing the Planning and Implementation of IT Service Management
- The Deming cycle (“Plan, Do, Check, Act”)
- IT Service Management implementation strategy including policy, strategy, design and transition considerations
- Directing, controlling and evaluating – achieving business goals and using feedback
- Communication, Coordination and Control activities when implementing IT Service Management
Learning Unit MALC05: Understanding Organizational Challenges
- Organizational maturity and organizational structure
- Governance models and achieving and maintaining balance in Service Operations
- Organizational transition
Learning Unit MALC06: Service Assessment
- Service assessment measurements, metrics and monitoring
- The value of benchmarking
- Service Portfolio Assessments and corrective actions
Learning Unit MALC07: Understanding Complementary Industry Guidance and Tool Strategies
- COBIT, ISO/IEC 20000, CMMI, Balanced Scorecard, Quality Management, OSI Framework, Annuity, Service Management maturity framework, Six Sigma, Project Management, TQM, Management Governance framework, and tool strategies
Individuals who require a business and management level understanding of the ITIL® core Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is the final mandatory module leading to the Expert certification
Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite.
This may include but is not limited to, CIOs, Senior IT Managers, IT Managers and Supervisors, IT professionals and IT Operation practitioners.
Number of Questions: 10 Questions
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Exam Format: Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. Closed book
Exam Location: Great Learning Education Centre
Passing Mark: 35/50 or 70%
Accreditation course material and sample questions
- Great Learning is an ITIL® Accredited Training Organisation, students can further study to be an ITIL Expert in our centre.
- At the most numbers of ITIL Expert graduates in Hong Kong
- We are IT soft skill specialists, highly experienced in delivering complicated and conceptual knowledge in an effective way.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.