ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition
Great Learning is an ITIL® Accredited Training Organisation
Course Duration: 30 hours, 4 sessions of 7.5 hours each
Course Fee: HKD12,800 includes exam (5% off for Great Learning former qualified ITIL students for this course)
Language of Delivery: Cantonese with English terms
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional transition module is designed to allow ITIL v3 candidates who have already invested to easily transition across to ITIL 4. They can gain the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional via one course and one exam.
The transition module enables candidates to recognise their previous achievements while still gaining the up-to-date skills and knowledge needed to navigate the digital service economy.
The module will provide information on the key elements of the following modules from ITIL 4 Managing Professional:
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve
The course will also provide an introduction and cover the key concepts found in ITIL 4 Foundation.
To take the transition module, all candidates must be at Expert level or have a minimum of 17 v3 credits. Candidates can continue to collect their v3 Intermediate or Practitioner credits to enable them to be eligible to take the transition module when it is launched.
Provides experienced practitioners with the MP designation
- But does not fully certify the same detailed level of knowledge
- It is recommended that candidates also read the ITIL publications
Syllabus is based on other Managing Professional syllabuses
- Mainly focussed on new areas
- Very little content related to practices
- Candidates who want to understand practices in detail should read these in their own time
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
Create, Deliver, and Support
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to the creation, delivery and support across the SVS and Value streams
- Know how to create, deliver and support services
High Velocity IT
- Understand concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demand it places on IT
- Understand the digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL ‘operating model’
- Understand the importance of the ITIL Guiding Principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT
Drive Stakeholder Value
- Understand how customer journeys are designed
- Know how to foster stakeholder relationships
- Know how to shape demand and define service offerings
- Know how to onboard and offboard customers and users
- Know how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption / provisioning)
- Know how to realise and validate service value
Direct, Plan, and Improve
- Understand the scope and activities relevant to Direct and plan
- Understand the role of GRC and how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of Organizational Change Management to direction, planning and improvement
Candidates must be ITIL Expert certified or have a minimum of 17 v3 credit and want to gain the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional via one course and one exam..
Number of Questions: 40 Questions
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Exam Format: Multiple choice, Closed book
Exam Location: Great Learning Education Centre
Passing Mark: 28/40 or 70%
Accreditated course material and sample questions
- Great Learning is an ITIL® Accredited Training Organisation and has been delivering ITIL courses for more than ten years.
- We are IT soft skill specialists, highly experienced in delivering complicated and conceptual knowledge in an effective way.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.