Great Learning is the PeopleCert DevOps Accredited Training Organization.
Course Duration: 15 hours, 5 sessions of 3 hours each
Course Fee: HKD8,500 (includes HK$3,500 exam fee)
Language of Delivery: Cantonese with English terms
DevOps (a clipped compound of “development” and “operations”) is a software development methodology that combines software development (Dev) with information technology operations (Ops). The goal of DevOps is to shorten the systems development life cycle while delivering software releases frequently in close alignment with business objectives in a faster, better, and cheaper fashion. The DevOps approach to work covers three critical success factors: cultural shift, improvement of practices and processes, and leverage of automation technologies.
Due to the proven success of the DevOps approach to work, DevOps oriented roles have become a sought-after resource across industries by a constantly growing number of organizations, who need DevOps-savvy people to make the cultural shift, work comfortably in a DevOps environment, and manage an array of technology and tools —referred to collectively as “toolchain” – for process, including but not limited to, coding, building, testing, packaging, releasing, configuring and monitoring.
It’s in this continuously evolving context, that PeopleCert designed a suite of DevOps qualifications that reflects the market need to close the skills-gap that many organizations are facing and support the realization of their business objectives and to improve communication, standardization, collaboration and automation for the delivery of quality software products better, faster and with a lower cost.
The PeopleCert DevOps Leadership certification covers advanced skills, practices and knowledge about DevOps.
The body of knowledge underlying these skills are presented in the official courseware provided by PeopleCert to accredited ATOs. The primary purpose of the syllabus is to provide a basis for accreditation of people involved with DevOps. It documents the learning outcomes related to the qualification and describes the requirements a candidate is expected to meet to demonstrate that these learning outcomes have been achieved at the specific qualification level.
The purpose of this qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge, understanding of fundamental DevOps skills and is able to work effectively with, or as a leading member of, a DevOps environment, analyzing and applying these skills and knowledge. The PeopleCert DevOps Fundamentals certification is a pre-requisite for the Leadership certification.
During the Leadership level course, candidates will be introduced to concepts, terms, principles and tools used by DevOps Leadership to clarify, plan and approach a DevOps Transformation, validate and sustain a DevOps transformation, how the DevOps Full Stack approach can be engaged and implemented within the organization, as well as why DevOps Leadership is needed in modern enterprises, and how it can be aligned to value delivery. In addition, Scrum methodology, people and culture implications as well as the practices, processes, automation and technology used for adapting DevOps within an organization.
Holders of the PeopleCert DevOps Leadership certification, will be able to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and practical application of:
- What is leadership and what is leadership for DevOps
- How to lead an organization through a DevOps transformation
- Establish the need for urgency for DevOps
- Clarify & align business objectives
- Create a vision and strategy for transformation
- Identify and influence the vital stakeholders
- Lead a culture of self-organized, cross-functional teams
- Gather, broadcast and Implement feedback
- Enable flow across the value stream
- Break work into iterations to accelerate learning and experimentation
- Lead for continuous delivery
- Lead a culture of continual improvement
- Lead for innovation
- Improve organizational resilience & sustainability
- Introduction to DevOps Leadership
- Clarifying & Aligning the DevOps Transformation to Value Delivery
- Planning & Approaching the DevOps Transformation
- Engaging & Implementing the DevOps Full Stack
- Validating Results & Sustaining the DevOps Transformation
This certification is the second (Leadership) level of the PeopleCert DevOps qualification scheme and is aimed at anyone who wishes to become an efficient leading member of a DevOps environment and requires candidates to have and demonstrate a solid knowledge and understanding of DevOps terms, principles, tools and practices, as well as demonstrate their application skills of how to use tools efficiently and effectively. The certification can also cater for candidates seeking personal certification.
This certification will provide the Leadership level of knowledge to its holders and will certify that they have a solid understanding of DevOps Leadership practices using various tools and are able to apply these in everyday work involving DevOps practices. The basic level of skills & knowledge is covered in the Fundamentals level of the qualification scheme provided by PeopleCert.
Number of Questions: 20
Exam Duration: 1 hour
Exam Format: Mutliple Choice Questions
Exam Location: Great Learning
Passing Mark: 14
Exam Prerequisites: PeopleCert DevOps Fundamentals certificate holder
Approved course material: student study guide, glossary, syllabus, bibliography, sample paper with answers
- Great Learning is the PeopleCert DevOps Accredited Training Organization.
- Great Learning has solid experience in delivering DevOps courses.
- Unlimited re-sit within 2 years. All lessons can be re-sit, refreshing your knowledge all the way.
- We are the IT technical and management specialists, highly experienced in delivering complicated and conceptual knowledge in an effective way.